Friday, October 19, 2012

{cement tile}

collage
collage
collage
collage
collage

Hi good morning!!!  The call has been made.and the samples have been sent out.  I can't wait to return and report about my endeavors to have some cement tile placed in my home.  The above tiles may feel very modern but the style has been around for a very long time.  I just love the way they look and feel.  I am feeling partial to that french cube number but when I found the tile that looks a little more free and marbled I just about ordered up tile for my whole house on the spot;-)  When I was reading about the marbled cement tile this is the note that was attached:




NOTE: THIS IS AN TRADITIONAL TECHNIQUE OF CEMENT TILES, ALL TILES ARE PAINTED BY HAND BY POURING COLORS IN AN IRREGULAR FORMAT SIMULATING MARBLE VETAS, DON'T EXPECT TO FORM AN ESPECIFIC DESIGN

YES PLEASE!!!!

Could you go with a flooring that was a little more bold and graphic?

You know how there is such a thing as compromise...well that is what happens in our home and that is why such a floor like the above is subject to only happening in our laundry room.  I am certainly working on doing a trade..like say I might let an animal head mount come out of the garage and into the home in exchange for my choice of flooring in the living room.

Anyway, HAPPY WEEKEND!!

22 comments:

Elyse | Peonies and Brass said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elyse | Peonies and Brass said...

Oooh, excited to see this in action! I just did a long post
long post about how cement tiles are coming back in style, and included lots of inspiration pics and a great video that shows how they're made (which is fascinating). Not trying to "plug", but genuinely thought you might be interested!

I personally love the diamond shape one you were first drawn to, but have seen it in a lot of spaces. I love everything you do though, so sure whichever you pick will be ah-mazing!

Hannah Maple said...

That bedroom is one of my absolute favs! And love me some geometric cement tile!! SO exciting. Can't wait to see what you do with it!

Lynda @ Happenstance Home said...

They all look so nice. Looking forward to seeing what you choose!

angela hardison said...

whatever you choose, it's gonna be amazing. can't wait for the report!

Holly Irwin Fine Art said...

Love these tiles in the kitchen and bath! It gives such a timeless look. Looking forward to future posts on this!

Holly

www.hollyirwin.com

Original Mission Tile said...

if you love these tiles, please check our complete collection at http://www.originalmissiontile.com

Wilhem Stevens
Original Mission Tile

William Buyok said...

Great selection of cement tile. Wonderful to see you embrace pattern in your designs!

Porchlight Interiors said...

Gorgeous post! I am totally in love with cement tiles and have just used them on my bathroom floor - couldn't be happier! Will post pics when it is complete. Tracey

Jessica Davis said...

Yes! Check out my post tomorrow on faking this look in my kitchen.... and wish me luck!

Jessica Davis said...

Yes! Check out my post tomorrow on faking this look in my kitchen.... and wish me luck!

Jason Murphy said...

I learned a lot from visiting your blog. Thanks.

Interior Glass Doors

ARABELLA ASTON said...

I am certainly working on doing a trade..like say I might let an animal head mount come out of the garage and into the home in exchange for my choice of flooring in the living room.italian porcelain floor tiles

العالمية للصيانة said...

عزل مائي
عزل الاسطح
عزل خزانات
عزل الحمامات
شركة عزل
شركات عزل
عوازل مائية
عزل خزان
عزل اسطح
عزل الخزانات

hakeem nour said...

شركة تنظيف شقق بالرياض
شركة تنظيف واجهات بالرياض
شركة تنظيف مجالس بالرياض
شركة تنظيف موكيت بالرياض
شركة غسيل السجاد بالرياض
شركة تنظيف مسابح بالرياض
شركة كشف تسربات بالرياض
كشف تسربات المياه بالرياض
عزل خزانات واسطح
شركة تنظيف خزانات بالرياض
شركة عزل اسطح بالرياض
شركة عزل خزانات بالرياض
مكافحة حشرات
شركة رش مبيدات بالرياض
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالرياض


hakeem nour said...

here
here
here

تنظيف مجالس
شركة تنظيف مجالس بالرياض
شركة تنظيف موكيت بالرياض
شركة غسيل السجاد بالرياض
شركة تسليك مجارى بالرياض
شركة تنظيف بيارات بالرياض
شركة شفط بيارات بالرياض
شركة تنظيف بالرياض
شركة تنظيف فلل بالرياض
شركة تنظيف شقق بالرياض
شركة تنظيف منازل بالرياض
شركة تنظيف بيوت بالرياض
شركة كشف تسربات بالرياض
شركة تسربات المياه بالرياض

hakeem nour said...


شركة تنظيف واجهات بالرياض
شركة تنظيف مسابح بالرياض
شركة تنظيف بالرياض
عزل خزانات واسطح
شركة عزل خزانات بالرياض
شركة تنظيف خزانات بالرياض
شركة عزل اسطح بالرياض
نقل اثاث
شركة نقل اثاث بالرياض
شركة نقل عفش بالرياض
شركة تخزين عفش بالرياض
شركة رش مبيدات بالرياض
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالرياض
مكافحة حشرات

Nascim Alnaam said...

Thank you very much
alaamiah

Nascim Alnaam said...

Thank you very much
alaamiah

Nascim Alnaam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nascim Alnaam said...

and while for some the temporary
alaamiah
alaamiah
alaamiah
alaamiah
alaamiah
alaamiah
alaamiah
alaamiah
alaamiah
alaamiah
alaamiah


lack of email service

Nascim Alnaam said...

and while for some the temporary
alaamiah
alaamiah
alaamiah
alaamiah
alaamiah
alaamiah
alaamiah
alaamiah
alaamiah
alaamiah
alaamiah


lack of email service